Upon arrival at Kathmandu international airport our Kailash Yatra representative assist you to the pre-booked hotel, on the way take a sightseeing of Pashuptinath Temple – the abode of Lord Shiva reach and check in to the hotel evening enjoy the dilicious dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu.
The second day of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra in group will begin after breakfast with a tour of Kathmandu sightseeing such as Pashuptinath Temple and Boudhnath Stupa. There is an option with additional cost for Muktinath Darshan to worship Lord Vishnu. Evening at leisure, you can explore the Kathmandu city on your own after that there is an overnight stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Early morning after breakfast we will leave from Kathmandu to Lhasa, you will get a transfer in a group from Tribhuvan International Airport to board Air China's Flight to Lhasa. Upon arrival at Lhasa airport you will be assisted and greeted by local representative. They will escort you to the pre-booked hotel in Lhasa. The group will reach the Hotel in about 3 hrs, rest of the day at leisure to acclimate your body because Kathmandu is at 1250 m above sea level and Lhasa is at 3550 m. So it needs some time to acclimatize with the altitude. Overnight stay at Hotel in Lhasa.
Today after breakfast, we will take full day tour of sightseeing in Lhasa including The Jokhang temple, an enormous building in concert of three floors and an open roof all teeming with chambers and chapels, has undergone comprehensive renovation and additions since the 8th century, particularly during the 17th century reign of the fifth Dalai Lama. While parts of the existing temple framework date from earlier times, most of the murals are from the 17th and 1th centuries and few statues (with the notable exception of the Joyo Sakyamuni) are older than the 1980's. The Jokhang is the most distinguished temple in Tibet. Because the temple is not controlled by a particular sect of Tibetan, Every day throughout the year millions of travelers circumambulate each of these three circuits.
After breakfast, visit Norbulinka Palace and Drepung Monastery. Norbulinka Palace: Norbulingka, meaning Jewel Park, was Dalai Lama's summer palace since the Seventh. Its light-hearted air makes it less demanding than most sights in Lhasa the Norbulinka is well worth a visit at festival times and public holidays. Drepung Monastery: It was established near Lhasa, Tibet in 1416 by Chojey Tashi Palden. It had four departments, of which Loseling, or "The Hermitage of the Radiant Mind," was the largest, housing more than three quarters of Drepung's ten to fifteen thousand monks.
After breakfast, visit Norbulinka Palace and later drive to Shigatse. Shigatse is the second biggest city in Tibet, 90KMs away from Gyangtse. The famous Tashillunpo Monastery in Shigatse, seat of the Panchan Lama, one of the six important Gelupa Monasteries in China, was built in 1447 by the first Dalailama, overnight at Hotel in Shiagtse.
After early breakfast take drive to Lhatse (308 km. / 6 - 7 hrs). Packed lunch will be served en route. Arrive at Latse, enjoy the delicious dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
After early breakfast take a drive to Saga (300 km. / 8 - 9 hrs.). Packed lunch will be served en route, enjoy the delicious Dinner and overnight at Hotel on eighth day of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra in Group.
After breakfast, drive to Manasarovar 450 kms / 8 hrs. Drive through the winds wept territory passing many villages and camps of Yak herders with distance view of snow capped mountains. On this day the road is quite flat, hence the drive will be comfortable compared to other days.
Drive to Mayum River for 112 km and have lunch. Thereafter drive to Hor Quo (4560 m) 223 km/ 5 - 6 hrs. We continue driving crossing Mayum La pass (5200 m) and arrive at Hor Quo. Today is the day of lifetime, as we will have the first sight (darshan) of Holy Mt. Kailash and Holy Lake Manasarovar, Camp on the bank of Holy Manasarovar Lake and Overnight at Guest House / fixed tents.
After breakfast, it is a day for Puja & Holy bath in the holy lake. We will be doing Manasarovar Parikrama by Jeep (4565 m) 120 km/ 5 hrs. On the way, we will stop near Trugu Gompa for Holy Bath in Holy Lake Manasarovar. During this Parikrama, we will have a picnic lunch on the bank of Holy Lake Manasarovar. You can also visit Chui Gompa, Optionally, you can also take a hot spring bath in afternoon, drive to Darchen (4630 m). Darchen is situated underneath the aristocratic holy Mount Kailash, a small village with couple of guesthouses. During the providential pilgrimage time, this place will be flooded with Pilgrims with hundreds of tents all around. Darchen is the beginning and end point of the Kora. Time permitting; you may visit to Ashtapad & Serrlung Monastry and to Nandi Parvat which offers an excellent view of Mount Kailash with the direct payment. We will be staying for an overnight in Darchen and will prepare ourselves for Kailash Parikrama, Overnight at Hotel in Darchen.
Today is our first day of Kailash Parikrama. We will start Parikrama after breakfast as early as possible. Take a short drive up to Yumedwari and start trekking continuously for about 5 to 6 hours. All services such as horse (pony), yak can be hired on direct payment for those who cannot walk. Reach Dirapuk and Overnight stay at mud house or tent as per the availability.
Today morning after breakfast, we will start our trekking without any delay and today we will find bit complex trekking because we will have to pass Dolma-La Pass, which is 5500 meter in hight, the climate of Doma-la pass is unpredictable it can be change at time such as snowstorm can fall. So, we will try to start our trekking as early as possible. In route, we will get Darshan of Gaurikund but it is very arduous to go and touch, reached and has dinner then overnight stay at mud house or tent as per the availability.
Today is the last day of our Parikrama and after breakfast we will Trek down to Darchen, board our vehicle jeep / Bus and take drive to Manasarovar we will fill up Spiritual Jal in a container, later our journey starts back to Kathmandu by the same route and same all system applies will be same for all subjects of our stays facility, transportation and meal reached Paryang and have dinner, overnight stay at guesthouse in Paryang.
Drive back to Nyalam, which is the last stay in Tibet part.
Today is the last day in Tibet on Kailash Manasarovar Yatra in group. After breakfast drive to Friendship Bridge clear some custom formalities as our representative will help you out and we will be picked up by Nepal side and continue drive to Kathmandu for approx 06.00 hour’s drive and check in to the Hotel, over night at hotel in Kathmandu.
Today is the day, when you complete your Kailash Yatra and go back to home. After breakfast check out from the hotel and get departure to Kathmandu international airport. Optional for you can extent your journey to take a flight to Himalayan Mountain, Manakamana road trip or Muktinath tour.
Package costThe tour cost for Mount Kailash Manasarovar Yatra via Lhasa for 2019 is as below:
Indian Passport Holders:
For Indian Nationals: INR 2,35,000 Per Person
For Foreign Nationals & NRI: USD 3800 Per Person
For US Passport Holders: USD 3800 + 360 Visa Fee
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers in Kathmandu and Lhasa as applicable.
- Three nights’ accommodation on twin sharing basis at up to 5* Hotel in Kathmandu with daily breakfast, lunch and dinner (pure vegetarian).
- Camping arrangement backed by Nepalese Sherpa crew on full board basis – except inside Nepal, all the meals in Lhasa, would be provided in local restaurants however breakfast shall be served in respective hotels and onwards meals shall be cooked and provided by our Sherpa staff – all meals throughout the Kailash Manasarovar via Lhasa Tour shall be pure vegetarian.
- Services of an English speaking Nepalese team leader and an English speaking Tibetan guide from Lhasa Airport onwards.
- Transportation inside Lhasa by a private coach however Lhasa onwards by Deluxe 4500 CC Japanese Land Cruiser (4 pax per land cruiser).
- One half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley.
- Transportation Tibet Border (Kodari) / Kathmandu by a Non A/c Coach.
- Hiring charge of Sleeping Bags.
- A support truck to carry food / camping equipments etc. from Saga onwards.
- Necessary Yak & Yak men to carry your luggage (one piece per person only) for Kailash Kora
- Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries.
- Normal Tibet Entry Visa fee.
- One duffel bag free per person non returnable basis.
- One down jacket per person on returnable basis.
- Yatra completion certificate to each pilgrim.
- Airfare home to Kathmandu to home
- Travel & medical insurance – we strongly recommend that one should take insurance coverage to cope up with any eventuality.
- Rescue evacuation cost in case of emergency.
- Insurgent fee approx. INR 500 per person.
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation or porterage on The Arniko Highway (INR 500 - 700) per person.
- Expanses of personal nature viz. soft / hard beverages, photography charges, porterage at the airports / hotels, laundry, tips, telephone calls , mineral water etc.
- Yak / Pony hiring charges for riding during Kailash Parikarma.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the clause, “The above cost includes”.