We invite you to visit India and explore this mystical land that offers a plenty of tourist attractions. From north to south and east to west, it is a constant enchantment, full of contrasts at every step. This is the only country in world which is blessed with all type of weathers, all type of surroundings. Here you will find mountain summits, sun kissed beaches, gurgling rivers, monuments dating backto ancient past, fascinating backwaters, a variety of flora and fauna andlast but not the least- countless fairs and festivals are sure to make your visit a
Major Tourist Attractions of India :
You can explore countless monuments in India that will take you to her ancient past. It includes Taj Mahal, Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Hawa Mahal, Amber fort and other places of historical significance. The Himalayan region in India provides enough opportunity for adventure tourism that includes river rafting, para-gliding, mountain biking, trekking and mountaineering.It also offers several centers for yoga and meditation for the seekers for peace and meditation.
The beaches in Goa and the magnificent backwaters in Kerala provide a perfect atmosphere to spend some time in total peace and tranquility. If you are anadventurous person and love to have a face to face intro with the wildlife ,India with its countless wild life parks and sanctuaries is an ideal place to experience the thrill of wild life in the vicinity of unspoiled nature.
Religion & Culture of India :
India offers a confluence of almost every major religion in the world. As the first ray of sun approaches this ancient land the whole atmosphereechoes with the prayers in temples, gurubani in Gurudwaras, Azaan in mosques and the chanting of Buddhist shlokas. Since the time immemorial various forms of dance and music have been an indispensable part of Indian civilization. The traditions and customs at one place in India are different from the other places making it a land of striking diversity, which is sure to captivate you.
Air - IndianAirlines is the country's domestic carrier, the second largest in the worldoutside of USA, equipped with the latest Airbus 320 aircraft. Its Airbus aircraft have two classes of travel, Indian Airlines links all major tourist and business cities. Jet Airways and Air Sahara are the two major private airlines normally operating with Boeing 737. Jet Airways also has a small fleet of ATR72-500.
Rail - One of the largest railway networks inthe world (11 million passenger daily), the Indian railways run a number of trains that are meant to facilitate tourists. These include the grand Palace on Wheels with its magnificent saloons, the high speed Shatabdi and Taj express trains, the Rajdhani connections from Delhi to Calcutta and Bombay,and a number of hill toy trains, among others.
Road - Tourists can hire air-conditioned limousines or coaches at any principal city or tourists' destination by theday or for longer periods. Ordinary taxis are available in all metros; insmaller towns three-wheeler auto rickshaws and cycle or horse carriage canstill be used. Kolkata has an underground metro as well as an efficient tramway and now Capital City Delhi has also come up with Metro Services.
Fairs & Festivals of India
The people of India observe all the festivals with equal amount of zeal and enthusiasm. Some of the major festivals include Holi, Diwali, Eid, Christmas, Easter and Raksha Bandhan.Every festival has its own story that reflects to the rich cultural heritage of India. In addition to this countless fairs are also organized throughout the year. The major fairs include Pushkar Fair, Nagaur fair, Beneshwar fairand Karni Mata fair.
Facilities in India Trains
Facilities For Foreign Tourists On Indian Railways :
Several important trains have a special quota for foreign tourists. This can be availed on payment of US Dollars or pound sterling. Special quota canalso be availed by the foreign tourists on production of the exchange certificate issued by any nationalized bank. At the time of reservation, the passport number and the country of origin should be mentioned. At major reservation centers special cells have been set up to help foreign tourists plan their itinerary. Reserve their tickets and tender any assistance required.
The ministry of railways has also relaxed the requirement of mentioning the age of foreign travelers while seeking railway reservations. The age of the foreign tourists is not insisted upon when they seek the advance reservation through authorized rain tourist agents or general sales agents abroad.However at the time of seeking reservation. The passport number and the country of origin should invariably be given.
Do's and Dont's
- In case of need or desire to overstay you are advised to contract the nearest Foreiners Regional Registration Office.
- It is advisable to avail pre-paid taxis./autorickshaws or pay by meter or ask for fare chart.
- Advisable to shop at Govt. Emporia/ Fixed Priceshops to ensure quality & reasonable prices.
- Please check power voltage before usingelectrical instruments. ( 220 / 240 V. are available in India ).
- Keep your valuables in hotel lockers/safe deposit vaults.
- You are advised to contact the nearest Govt. of India Tourist Office / State Government Travel Agents / Tour Operators for local sight seeing & excursion tours.
- Always hire Govt. approved tourist guide invariably carry an identity Card.
- Check about photography permission / filming at any monument. Contact the nearest Government of India Tourist Office/ PoliceStation State Government Tourist Office.
- Change money only at Authorised Foreign Exchange outlets / Banks / Hotels & insist on reciept for money changed.
- For guide map of the city tourist information contact the nearest Government of India, Tourist Office / State Government Tourist Office.
- In case of loss of any documents contact the nearest Government of India Tourist Office / Police Sation / State Government Tourist Office.
- For medical assistance you may contact hotel oraccredited hospital / nursing homes.
- Observe Local tradition / customs while visiting religious places.
- There is prohibition on liquor in a few States.Check details from the nearest tourist office about the same.
- Smoking not allowed in public places & vehicles, in some states.
- Don't encourage beggers.
- Don't accept food / drink from strangers.
- Export of Indian Currency is banned.
- Don't be coerced into shopping by touts / guides/ taxi drivers or strangers.
- Don't buy articles made from rare / endangered species or animals which are banned.