About the Kumarakom Beach
Kumarakom in Kerala is best known to the world for its bird's population,which is one of its kind. But, the beach offers you the best of Kumarakom that you can explore at your ease and convenience from the top beach resorts booked by Beach Resorts India.
Kumarakom is a combination of small islands that are interwoven together by the labrynthine backwater system of Kerala. Canals, rivulets, and waterways are outstanding in their relaxing surroundings. In addition to its greeneryis the colourful birds, which add unseen colours to the clear sapphire sky and luxuriant green coasts.
Set amidst the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom is also a bird watchers paradise.The 14 acres of Kumarakom bird sanctuary is home to migratory and resident bird species. In addition to this, Kumarakom is also a popular beach resortand ayurveda center in Kerala, India.
Part of the Kuttanad region, known as the rice bowl of Kerala, Kumarakom is a small village with a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake. The bird sanctuary here, which is spread across 14 acres is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and is an ornithologist's paradise.
Resident as well as the migratory birds like the Siberian stork that live here draws the attention of the travellers. Birds are the major fascination for visitors to Kumarakom. The best way to watch the birds of the Kumarakom sanctuary is a boat trip round the islands.
An enchanting backwater destination, Kumarakom offers visitors many other leisure options. Boating and fishing facilities are available at Kumarakom.The house boats cruise on the traditional Kettuvalloms, are an experience of its kind at Kumarakom.
Beautiful mangrove forests, endless green paddy fields and swaying coconutgroves with enchanting waterways and canals bedecked with white lillies -this makes Kumarakom one most enchanting beach destination in India.
A scenic world of backwaters, thatched houseboats, Cormorants, Chinese fishing nets and oscillating palms - all this makes Kumarakom an ideal getaway to the Backwaters of Kerala.
Reaching Kumarakom Beach
- The Cochin International Airport is just 70 km away from the Muhamma boat jetty. The Trivandrum International Airportis 171 km away.
- The nearest railhead is Kottayam, 14 km away from the resort by road.
- The nearest bus terminal is Kottayam, 14 km away from the resort by road.
Jetty: From the Muhamma boat jetty the exhilarating boat ride to the resort will take about 10 minutes.
Customize your Tour Package >>>
Basic Inclusions of the package :
- Assisted transfers from airport to hotel and back
- Accommodation in Hotels (as per the category selected)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- City tour + Drives by private car
- An English / Language speaking well mannered guide during sightseeing trips
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any meal unless mentioned above, personal expenses like telephone /laundry bills etc.
- Entrance fees and still camera or video camera charges at various monuments and museums.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, guides, and bellboys at hotels
- Departure taxes or Visa handling fees (A Visa is required to visit India)
- Any International Air fare, Airports tax and travel insurance etc. and other services not specified above.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
» All prices quoted per person in INR. on twin sharing basis. Rates subject to change without notice Rates are applicable for a minimum of two (2) persons travelling at one time.
» Rates are applicable for Indian market only.