About Kovalam Beach
Kovalam is a small sleepy village in the western shores of Kerala in India,which became a major beach destination for its fabulous beaches. Lying in the state capital, Thiruvananthapuram on the Malabar coast, Kovalam Beach is one of the most frequented beaches in South India.
Kovalam means a grove of coconut trees, and the coconut trees along the beaches gives it a dazzling look and cool shelters. Today, Kovalam has become one of the most popular beach hangouts in India.
The palm-fringed surroundings amidst isolated coconut trees, promise a memorable stay. The whispering blue waters of the Arabian Sea and stretches of silvery sands washed away by the waters and the rocky promontories, makes this beach a paradise. This beautiful beach is a tourist's dream come true.
Activities on the Beach
When you get tired of aquatics, swimming or sunbathing, then just sit under the soothing palms and enjoy the gentle waves of the sea. You can explore the handicrafts, jewellery and cloth shops spread along the beach side. Also enjoy the delightful sea-food available at the beach side restaurants.
The Kovalam beach can be divided into three parts and the most popular located towards the south, is the Light house Beach. Further south on the beach one can have a spectacular view of the Vizhinzam mosque. The middle beach is called Hawah.
The northern most beach, Samudra, is still untouched by the changing times.It is dotted with few rudimentary wooden fishing vessels.
Each morning the most common sight at the beach is the local fisherman who come here for there daily routine work.
Evening in the Kovalam is very quiet, until the ambience exhilarated by thelive Kathakali performances taking place at the beach.
Today, Kovalam is not only developing as a beach resort but is fast growingas a Yoga and health center. One can have Ayurvedic massages and oil bathsor learn the minute details of the dynamics of Yoga and meditation taught by experts.
Reaching Kovalam Beach
- The Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is the nearest airport from the Kovalam beach. The airport is 14 km away from Kovalam beach.
- Trivandrum Central Railway Station is the nearest railway station from Kovalam beach. It connects Kovalam beach to all major destinations of India.
- : Kovalam can be reached by direct and regular bus services from Thiruvananthapuram. Buses also connect the place from Ernakulam, Kanyakumari and Periyar wildlife sanctuary.
There's a plenty of places to stay, ranging from economical boxes toup-market resorts, and several decent quality restaurants catering tostandard Asian travellers' needs. The ITDC-run Ashoka and the Kerala tourism department's 'Samudra' at the Kovalam beach provide five-star accommodation
Customize your Tour Package >>>
Basic Inclusions of the package :
- Assisted transfers from airport to hotel and back
- Accommodation in Hotels (as per the category selected)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- City tour + Drives by private car
- An English / Language speaking well mannered guide during sightseeing trips
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any meal unless mentioned above, personal expenses like telephone /laundry bills etc.
- Entrance fees and still camera or video camera charges at various monuments and museums.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, guides, and bellboys at hotels
- Departure taxes or Visa handling fees (A Visa is required to visit India)
- Any International Air fare, Airports tax and travel insurance etc. and other services not specified above.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
» All prices quoted per person in INR. on twin sharing basis. Rates subject to change without notice Rates are applicable for a minimum of two (2) persons travelling at one time.
» Rates are applicable for Indian market only.