About the Colva beach
In the southern Goa, 39 kms from the capital city of Panjim, lies the small village of Colva. The Colva beach is the oldest and the largest of the Go an beaches, however, it gained popularity very late. Unlike its cousin, Anjuna and Calangute, Colva is not hugely crowded. A little further from Colva is another popular beach of Goa, Benaulim.
Best Time to visit
Colva beach is worth visiting anytime during the year, however, heavy rainfall between June to October can dampen the spirits of tourists who want to enjoy completely. So, the best time for the tourists to visit the beach is during the months of November to February.
Activities on the Beach
Tourists coming to Colva find twenty kms of pristine white sandy beach soaked in sun. It is actually a perfect place for the tourists to relax and forget all the tension of their life. The swaying palm trees and rushing water contribute to sooth your tired soul to the utmost.
Swimming in the water is considered safe as compared to many other beaches of Goa. However, tourists are advised to enquire so as to avoid any untowardi
ncident.The beach itself is full of sea shells and collecting them becomes a pastime for many visitors coming here.
There are not many shops on the beach of Colva when compared with either Calangute or Anjuna, yet tourists can find numerous shops selling trinkets, artifacts, antiques and gifts. Tourists will definitely want to pick up a few of these items on their tour to the lovely beach of Colva. They can also enjoy sea foods on the food stalls lined up at the shore. Portuguese dishes are also on offer.
Tourists visiting Colva can see the Nossa Senhora de Merces (Our Lady of Mercy) Church and offer their prayers. The church becomes a centre of attraction during the annual religious event - Fama of Menino Jesuse (Child Jesus). The Catholic community of Goa celebrates this event every third Monday of October when the sacred image of Infant Jesus is specially brought down for the common people to pay their respect. This has been their traditions since seventeenth century and much fanfare is associated witht his festival. The most popular feast of Goa along with a grand fair make this festival hugely interesting for the tourists.
The night life of Colva is not considered, though the fact is that there are places in Colva where tourists can spend an exciting and fun filled time. There are fast paced music played in these hot spots on which tourist scan shake their legs. Eating places in Colva are also abundant offering delicious food.
Reaching Colva Beach
- Dabolim Airport is the closest airport which is 29 kms away from Panjim and 68 kms from Colva.
- The closest railway station is at Karmali which is around 11 kms from from Panjim. Panjim is 39 kms north to Colva.
- Regular buses from connect Panaji to Margao. From there tourists can take a bus to Colva which is just 6 kmsaway.
Accommodation is aplenty in Colva catering to the needs of all kinds of tourists. From low budget hotels to good value hotels, tourists will get itall.
Customize your Tour Package >>>
Basic Inclusions of the package :
- Assisted transfers from airport to hotel and back
- Accommodation in Hotels (as per the category selected)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- City tour + Drives by private car
- An English / Language speaking well mannered guide during sightseeing trips
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any meal unless mentioned above, personal expenses like telephone /laundry bills etc.
- Entrance fees and still camera or video camera charges at various monuments and museums.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, guides, and bellboys at hotels
- Departure taxes or Visa handling fees (A Visa is required to visit India)
- Any International Air fare, Airports tax and travel insurance etc. and other services not specified above.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
» All prices quoted per person in INR. on twin sharing basis. Rates subject to change without notice Rates are applicable for a minimum of two (2) persons travelling at one time.
» Rates are applicable for Indian market only.