About the Cherai Beach in Kerala
Cherai Beach in Kerala is one of the ideal place for swimming and a must visit destinations in Kerala travel. Bordering the beautiful Vypeen Island one side and Bolgotty Island, Cherai Beach in Kerala travel attracts a large number of travelers every year. The Palace on Bolgotty Island was constructed in 1744 by the Dutch was later taken over by the Brishers, is now a prime tourist attraction of Kerala. It has now been converted to a hotel in Kerala and you can enjoy staying at this beautiful heritage hotel of Kerala. Thick coconut groves and Chinese finishing nets are the other attractions of Cherai Beach.
Best time to visit
Kerala is situated towards the south most of India and the best time to visit Kerala and cherai Beach is from October til March. April is also considerable. May to August is rainy season.
Activities on the Cherai Beach, Kerala
The beautiful beaches and backwaters near Cherai Beach in Kerala offers many options for activities such as Fishing, volley ball, surfing, backwater cruise etc. One can relax on the beautiful beach for hours and find catches like prawns, lobsters and other fishes.
One can also enjoy local folk dance performances and martial art shows organized at various places including some of the hotels.
Drinking and dining at Cherai Beach Kerala One of the open air restaurants near the beach can be the right place to enjoy local food. Fresh seafood is a specialty at Cherai Beach.
Excursions from Cherai Beach, Kerala
While staying at cherai beach you can take many day and overnight or longer excursions to many beautiful cities of Kerala. Cochin, Allepey, Kumarakom, Thekkady Wildlife, Munnar Tea Gardens, Kovalam beach in Kerala and many other small and big destinations place a mjour role in Kerala travel packages.
Reaching Cherai Beach in Kerala
Air - cochin airport is the nearest International as well as domesticf airloprt to visit Cherai Beach.
Rail - Ernakulam Junction is one km from the main boat jetty.
Road - Ernakulam 40 kms, Cochin airport 22 kms,
Accommodation near the Cherai beach
Customize your Tour Package >>>
Cherai Beach Resort is one of the best places near the beach for short and long stay. Bordered by beautiful backwaters on the one side and beach on the other side Cherai Beach Resort of Kerala offers ethnic ambiance at a beautiful picturesque beach of Kerala.
Basic Inclusions of the package :
- Assisted transfers from airport to hotel and back
- Accommodation in Hotels (as per the category selected)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- City tour + Drives by private car
- An English / Language speaking well mannered guide during sightseeing trips
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any meal unless mentioned above, personal expenses like telephone /laundry bills etc.
- Entrance fees and still camera or video camera charges at various monuments and museums.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, guides, and bellboys at hotels
- Departure taxes or Visa handling fees (A Visa is required to visit India)
- Any International Air fare, Airports tax and travel insurance etc. and other services not specified above.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
» All prices quoted per person in INR. on twin sharing basis. Rates subject to change without notice Rates are applicable for a minimum of two (2) persons travelling at one time.
» Rates are applicable for Indian market only.